Monday, August 13, 2012

DIY Glitter Booties!

Hi y'all! Happy Monday! Right now I'm in Spokane enjoying some quality time with my man {more on that later} and apartment searching. I'm meeting with the college that I'll be at for this year later today too! I managed to slip away and write up this tutorial for the glitter booties I wore last week here. Ready?! :)

I picked up these Steve Madden ankle booties at my local Ross for about $14... such a steal! I loved how these had the lining in the back, perfect for glitter-ing out. 
Options here|here|here|here|here- all options under $50. 

Make sure you're working on a surface that you can throw away/recycle. Unless you want to clean up all that excess glitter.... have fun with that ;) 

I didn't take a picture of the 'supplies' needed because besides the booties, it's only two: permanent fabric glue and glitter of your choice. I picked these up at my local Wal Mart, so no worries with finding anything. Make sure it's permanent glue though! I started out with rubbing small sections onto the desired area. You don't want it to dry and have awkward clumps. Once you get the hang of it you can apply glue to bigger sections, but start small. The section glued about is about two inches. 

THE most important step: Apply glitter right away! Don't let the glue dry. This is why I suggest doing small sections at a time so you get even coverage on the entire area you want it! The glitter should cover all of the glue, so don't worry about drying time between sections

I started doing a little bit bigger sections, but not by much. 

Repeat the above steps until the area you want covered is finished! 

Then you'll end up with super sexy booties like these! ;) So perfect for fall, can't wait to wear them out! 

If any of ladies attempt these, make sure to show me! I'll feature you on this here blog of mine :) Happy DIY-ing!


Xo







2 comments: