Monday, October 1, 2012

I'm baaaack! And a yummy recipe!

Hi y'all! I cannot believe it's already October. That's so crazy!! It's been such a long time since I've posted, my life has been crazy with the move but I think I'm settled in enough to get back to my regular postings! I've been here for two weeks now, I started taking classes last Monday, I'm looking for a job and just finding my way around! I love it here... it's so beautiful and I'm totally comfortable already, which isn't something that I expected to happen so fast. Blake has been the biggest help with the move, he's the best... I love him! Anywhoooo, here's just a look into what I've been up to lately. I'm also sharing a recipe for some yummy pumpkin bread I made a few days ago.... Enjoy!
 
 
My morning routine of coffee by myself... my favorite cup and matching nail polish!

Oxford via Charlotte Russe, leather pants via Marshalls, cobalt blue flats via Express

I'm not sure you can classify it being fall here yet with the high 80 days... but that doesn't mean I won't wear my big sweaters and make caramel apple cider!

He's the sweetest... I'm home more often than he is and he always cooks! I'm spoiled :)

J Crew Bubble necklace, chambray shirt via F21, red skinnies via F21, Tory Burch bag, leopard flats via ON


And now for the recipe!! Yummy pumpkin bread with pumpkin buttercream and salted caramel drizzle!
 
I changed the recipe a little  bit from the one I originally found on pinterest, because we liked to eat it for breakfast... I warmed it up for a minute in the morning so the icing would melt down a little bit!
 
  • For the Bread
  • 1 3/4 C whole wheat flour
  • 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp nutmeg
  • 1/2 tsp allspice
  • 1/8 tsp cloves
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 2 eggs
  • 3/4 C brown sugar
  • 1/4 C granulated sugar substitute
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/2 C low-fat plain yogurt
  • 2 tbsp soft butter or margarine
  • 1 1/4 C pumpkin puree
  • For the Frosting
  • 1/4 C butter, softened
  • 2 tbsp pumpkin puree
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla
  • 1 1/2 C confectioner’s sugar, sifted
  • 2 tsp milk
  • For the Caramel Drizzle
  • 3 tbsp brown sugar
  • 1 tbsp water
  • 1 tbsp butter
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • Directions
    1. Preheat oven 325. Grease and flour a 9×5 loaf pan.
    2. Whisk together flours, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, cloves, salt, baking soda, and baking powder until well-combined. Set aside.
    3. In a separate bowl, using an electric or stand mixer, beat eggs until creamy. Beat in brown sugar and sugar substitute on medium speed for one minute. Add in vanilla, yogurt and oil. Beat until well-combined. Add flour mixture and pumpkin, beat until just combined. Scraping down the sides of the bowl as necessary.
    4. Spread batter into prepared loaf pan. Bake for 45-55 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow bread to cool in pan for 10 minutes before removing it to cool completely on a wire rack.
    5. While bread is cooling, begin preparing the frosting. Cream together butter and pumpkin puree. Add in cinnamon and vanilla and beat until creamy. Slowly add confectioner’s sugar and milk. Beat until well-combined and creamy. Spread frosting over the top of the cooled bread.
    6. In a small saucepan, stir together brown sugar and water. Dissolve sugar over medium-high heat. Continue heating until caramel turns dark brown and starts to boil, making sure to stir constantly to avoid burning. Add butter and salt. Stir to combine and remove from heat. Continue stirring for another 1-2 minutes to cool the caramel somewhat before drizzling over the top of the frosting.
    7. Eat immediately and if you're like me, save the leftovers for breakfast! I think this would be a perfect addition to a brunch!
     
     
    

    2 comments:

    1. that sounds incredible! and i'm not really a big fan of pumpkin ... i know, what's wrong with me?

      i am loving your outfit with your red skinnies ... i really need red skinnies in my closet!

      have a great week!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. It's yummy and not totally "pumpkin-y" ;) You should try it!! Thanks girl. They're from Forever.. super cheap!

        Delete