Wednesday, July 18, 2012

DIY Hubby shorts!

I love wearing my mans clothes.... especially when we're apart, it's something that makes me feel hmm.... connected to him? Maybe that's weird, or maybe you're like me and love wearing your hubbys/boyfriends clothes! 
Here's how to make 'hubby/boyfriend shorts!' 

Here's beforehand.... now this is probably potentially the trickiest part for some of you. Blake wears a size 32 jeans, and they're big in the waist on me, but the perfect amount bagginess I was hoping for. The boyfriend effect ;) I've just been belting them when I wear them, I haven't taken them in or anything. If your hubs/bf's jeans are terrible huge on you in the waist, I would suggest getting them taken in, or doing it yourself. Anyways, now for the fun stuff.....

Any jeans will do. These are just some super old ones Blake had from Buckle. 

I actually tried them on and measured where I wanted them to hit when they are rolled up {see first picture}. I then measured about 3 inches down from that point and drew a line so I could measure when I actually cut the jeans. 

Cut off where you drew your line, this doesn't have to be totally perfect, as you're going to end up rolling them up.

I actually just folded the jeans in half and cut straight across again on the other leg. If this is how you want your shorts to be, roll up the ends and you're DONE! Isn't that crazy simple?! My shorts stay rolled up pretty well just by themselves, but if you want you could actually sew the inner roll onto the jeans themselves. Personally I like them better just like this.... guys would never put that much effort into their jeans ;) 

I decided that I wanted mine a little more 'destroyed'. I marked again with a pen where I wanted my holes to go. 

Cut along the line so you have a slit. You can make the hole wider, fray it by pulling out the seams that stick out, and randomly snip along the edges of the hole to help it create a more 'natural' looking rip. It just all depends on how polished/destroyed you want these to look! That's the fun part about DIY project, the outcome of how they look is totally up to you!

Hope you all enjoyed!! If you attempt these, I would love to see pictures!! :) Send me the link, post on Instagram and let me know, or you can email me! 

PS. If you read my blog, I would love you to follow it ;) 
You can also follow me on Instagram @Lexiphebs for sneak peaks of outfits/posts! 

Happy Wednesday!


.....




2 comments:

  1. these are AWESOME, lexi! i am totally stealing an old pair of my husbands jeans and making these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked! Make sure to email me pictures when you do it!! :)

      Delete