Thursday, July 12, 2012

Neons, Neutrals, and Nails

Here's another mini DIY tutorial for you guys! If you follow me on Instagram {@Lexiphebs} I posted these last night: 

I used Essie 'Sand Tropez' as my base coat {neutral}, and Sinful Colors 'Hazard' {neon}. 

If you want the diagonal tip, I just used a piece of tape to create a line. You want to make sure your base coat is completely dry, or else it will pull off some of the paint! In the picture about, you can see how the line is a little jagged. My right hand turned out much better ;) 

While waiting for the stripe/tip/whatever to dry, I used a toothpick to draw random cheetah print shapes on my finger. These do not have to be perfect people! 

I used an Art Deco black nail polish {the teeny, tiny brushes} to paint around my splotches. Once again, this is not perfection. That's what makes it easy fun! Yes, my finger was still tapped! 

Here's the other hand without the tip yet! Nails are just so fun for me so I thought I'd share my latest ;) 
I'll be back next week guys! Sorry for the lame posting week, I am super stressed and totally drained. I've had 11 hour days at work {except yesterday I had the day off miraculously} and doing a full post just honestly seems daunting to me! I did have some luck in the furniture game, I'll share some finds next week. Can't wait to share, I have lots planned for next week so hopefully it will make up for this week ;) I'm gonna take the weekend to relax and live mostly stress free so I'll see y'all Monday! 

Have a happy happy weekend :) Enjoy!


.....





2 comments:

  1. those nails are so fun! i love them!!! yay so glad you had furniture luck, can't wait to see what you got!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi! Love the nails! Just found your blog today and i´m a new follower! :) Hope you can follow back my blog :) Kisses

    http://thefrench-fries.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete